Warranty Info & Claims Form
CURVE CYCLING WARRANTY POLICY
Curve Cycling products are designed, engineered and manufactured for adventure. We strive to offer industry leading, innovative adventure tools to help support you on your journey. Each product we offer is optimised for its intended purpose and designed to perform reliably during a reasonable product life-cycle.
We understand that adventure cycling attracts inherent risks. Please ride in conditions and terrain appropriate to your skill level and the intended use of your Curve Cycling product to avoid personal injury and/or premature damage or failure to your equipment.
While it is extremely rare, products can fail or become damaged during normal use. If your Curve Cycling product fails during normal use for the intended application we’ll either:
- Replace the product, like-for-like if the product is current and in stock. A product that is discontinued may be eligible for an exchange to an alternative model or an updated version of that model. Additional costs may be incurred if the exchange requires additional parts due to incompatibility.
- Provide a best effort repair of the product. This covers scenarios including, but not limited to, re-welding a cracked frame, repairing a failed water bottle boss or rebuilding a broken wheel.
- Exchange the product for a different product if that works for the customer. If the replacement product has a greater value, the customer is responsible for paying the difference in price.
- In some very rare cases, a refund of the purchase cost will be offered.
In some cases, we require the product to be returned to the Curve Cycling HQ in Melbourne Australia or the dealer from which you purchased your Curve Cycling product for the warranty to be assessed.
Curve Cycling will pay for all reasonable shipping costs related to warranty claims.
Please contact email@example.com to discuss your warranty claim.
In addition, to make a claim please complete the form HERE to start the process for your Curve product.
WARRANTY PERIOD ON CURVE PRODUCTS
- Titanium frames
- Carbon rims
- Steel frames
- Other titanium products, not otherwise mentioned
- Rocket Pooch titanium cage
- Carbon forks
- Seat posts
- Seat clamps
- Aluminium rims
- Custom paint (peeling and cracking only) arranged by Curve Cycling
- Rocket Pooch bags
- Bottom brackets
- Paint (peeling and cracking only) on Curve Cycling frames and forks
- Surface finishing on Curve Cycling products (eg anodising on axles)
Non-Curve Cycling branded products that have been supplied by Curve Cycling will attract their own manufacturer's warranty. This will be processed by Curve or a Curve dealer. Some brands regularly supplied by Curve include, but are not limited to, the following: SRAM, DT Swiss, Sapim, Vittoria, Donnelly, Skin Grows Back, 7mesh, Apidura, Arundel, King Cage, Chris King, Ingrid, Garbaruk, Ratio 12, Fizik, and Zipp.
WARRANTY TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Curve Cycling will assess your warranty claim and, at its sole discretion, determine whether your claim is within the Warranty Policy terms.
- Curve Cycling will, at its sole discretion, either repair or replace the product, if your claim is determined to be a warranty case.
- Warranty is void if any alteration or modification has been performed. The only exception to this is if a seat post or fork steerer tube has been cut by a professional bike mechanic. Proof of professional work completed will be required.
- Warranty is void if any aftermarket hydration systems are used without approval from Curve Cycling. Systems including, but not limited to the Wolftooth B-Rad system can cause a huge amount of additional stress to water bottle bosses - use of this system voids your warranty.
- Warranty covers defects in materials and craftsmanship, including manufacturing defects.
- Warranty does not cover the wear and tear through normal use. This includes surface discolouration, marring and scratching from strapping bags onto frames.
- Warranty does not cover use that is outside of the intended use. For example a road bike is intended to be ridden on roads, not on downhill MTB trails.
- The date on your Invoice is the date your warranty period commences.
- Warranty does not cover damage caused by improper assembly or incompatible mixing of parts. Please have your bike / parts assembled by an authorised Curve Cycling dealer or a professional bicycle mechanic.
- If you have arranged custom paint for a frame or fork through Curve Cycling as part of your purchase, and your frame or fork is subject to an approved warranty claim, Curve Cycling will repaint the replacement frame or fork to the same standard but only within the warranty period of the paint. If your warranty is successful but beyond the warranty period of custom paint supplied by Curve Cycling, there is no obligation on Curve Cycling to replace the custom paint, only the product in question.
- Warranty on factory paint and finishing on Curve Cycling products, and custom paint arranged by Curve, only covers peeling and cracking. It does not cover paint surface finish damage or discolouration through normal use. Chipping, scratches and bag strap wear are considered wear and tear through normal use and not matters for warranty consideration. Over time, paint fades and finishing work deteriorates due to (and not limited to) sun exposure, bag rubbing, rock damage and other wear and tear.
- Warranty does not cover damage caused from abuse, crashing or accidents. A crash replacement claim can be submitted in this case.
- Warranty is valid for the original purchaser with proof of purchase supplied with the warranty claim. Second-hand Curve Cycling products are covered by this warranty but with the following conditions additional conditions:
- The warranty period is determined by the time of the first purchase, not your second-hand purchase.
- You will be responsible for the cost of shipping your damaged product to Curve Cycling and for the cost of shipping a repaired or replacement product to you.
- You will be responsible for a processing fee of 20% of the current retail price of the replacement product.
- Proof of purchase from the original purchaser is required.
- Warranty terms for sample and ex-demo products bought directly from Curve Cycling will be one year unless otherwise specified during the sale process.
- This warranty policy is subject to change. The current warranty policy will be published on Curve Cycling’s website.
WARRANTY PROCESSING TIME
Curve Cycling will do everything possible and reasonable to ensure that our customers will be affected for as short a time as possible. Due to the complexity of our supply chain and the current status of manufacturing in general, this time may vary from as short as one week to as long as six months. A loan of goods may be arranged where possible until a suitable outcome is achieved, but is not guaranteed.
The team at Curve Cycling genuinely cares about supporting our community of riders. You have entrusted us to equip you for your grand adventures and we take that very seriously. We are all straight-shooting, reasonable people and we will do what we can to keep you rolling.
CRASH REPLACEMENT POLICY
If you have an accident and damage your Curve Cycling product in a way that is not covered by your personal insurance, you may be, at the sole discretion of Curve Cycling, offered a discounted crash replacement product.
This offer applies to the following products and time frames after manufacture:
- Titanium frames: 5 years
- Steel frames: 2 years
- Carbon forks: 2 years
- Handlebars: 2 years
- Wheelsets (carbon rims) and carbon rims: 2 years
- Wheelsets (aluminium rims) and aluminium rims: 1 year
The crash replacement policy applies only to the original product owner, with the following product exceptions. For titanium frames and carbon forks, the crash replacement policy applies to all Curve Cycling product owners, not just the original owner. In these cases Curve Cycling can easily determine the manufacturing date from product serial numbers.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your crash replacement claim.
This return policy applies only to products bought directly from Curve Cycling. It does not apply to purchases made from Curve Cycling dealers as they will have their own return policy. It does not apply to products excluded for hygiene reasons, including but not limited to knicks, underwear or shorts. Sample products are available at Curve Cycling’s HQ in Melbourne, if convenient for you to try on and test sizing before you buy.
At Curve Cycling we create products that we love to use ourselves. For bike sales, we spend a lot of time agonising over fit data, and offer demo rides where possible, to ensure you get a product that you love. We are here to answer all your questions before you commit to a purchase. That’s our commitment to you to ensure you purchase a product that you’re completely happy with.
If you are not fully satisfied with your direct purchase from Curve Cycling for any reason, you can return it to Curve Cycling for a full refund within 30 days of purchase. It is of the utmost importance to us that you are riding around with products that you love. A returned product can’t be resold at its full value and so we charge a 10% restocking fee for returns in this 30 day period. Please respect this policy and don’t interpret it as a month-long rental service.
You are required to pay for shipping if applicable, or be responsible for returning your product to Curve Cycling HQ in Melbourne Australia. Products must be returned in their original condition. Products returned to Curve Cycling will be assessed and Curve Cycling will determine, at its sole discretion, whether they can be accepted as a return.
Please contact email@example.com to arrange a return.
If you are not fully satisfied with the size of your direct purchase from Curve Cycling, you can exchange it for another size within 30 days of purchase.
This exchange policy applies to complete bikes, handlebars, bicycle frames, axles, hangers, headsets, seat clamps, seatposts, clothing or soft goods bought directly from Curve Cycling and is subject to availability. Your preferred replacement size may not be immediately available - you may need to wait.
This exchange policy does not apply to purchases made from Curve Cycling dealers; or
of products excluded for hygiene reasons, including but not limited to knicks, underwear or shorts. Sample products are available at Curve Cycling’s HQ in Melbourne if convenient for you to try on and test sizing before you buy.
You are required to pay the cost of shipping your product back to Curve Cycling HQ and for shipping the exchanged product to you. We know that shipping can be extremely expensive, so please be careful to get your sizing right the first time.
Products must be returned in their original condition. Products returned to Curve Cycling will be assessed and Curve Cycling will determine, at its sole discretion, whether they can be accepted for exchange.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an exchange.
All purchases from Curve Cycling are final. If your order was placed by accident via our website, we understand that mistakes happen. If the order has not been dispatched we can usually cancel your order and issue a refund if you notify Curve Cycling by emailing email@example.com within 24 hours of placing the order.
Some Curve Cycling products are sold on a lead time with a planned delivery date. To secure the purchase, Curve Cycling requires a deposit. This deposit covers Curve Cycling’s manufacturing and procurement costs. This deposit is non-refundable but with the following exception. If the product delivery is delayed more than 30 days after the original planned delivery date, your deposit is refundable at the time the new planned delivery date is communicated to you.