Curve Frames include a 33-year manufacturer's (back to base) warranty. Curve wheels and accessories include a 2-year manufacturer's (back to base) warranty. This covers any manufacturing default that may become evident during normal riding.
This warranty does not cover products that are deemed consumable products, such as brake pads, tyres, tubes, tyre sealant and in most cases - nipples and spokes. Nipples and spokes are only covered under warranty if an unusual amount of breakages and failures occur during use of the product under appropriate conditions.
This warranty does not cover products that have not been properly fitted or assembled by a professional bike mechanic. Claims that show evidence of incorrect assembly, incorrect tools used, incorrect torque, or products used outside of Curve’s recommended specification, will not be considered eligible for warranty. Products that have been damaged as a result of ‘home-mechanics’ will not be eligible for warranty. Support your local bike shop and have your bicycle products fitted and serviced by professionals.
This warranty does not cover the product if the product has been used outside of normal use and/or has damage commonly caused by rider error. This covers up to and including any crashing of the bicycle (both self and situation inflicted), riding with incorrect tyre pressure (or pressures outside of the recommended range), rider exceeding the recommended rider weight for the specific wheelset or driving your roof rack-mounted bike into a low overhead obstruction such as a garage, car park, street sign or tree branch.
Being a small and new company we have limitations on stock holdings and back-up product being on hand. Therefore, expected turnaround on an approved warranty claim may take up to 8 weeks and in certain circumstances even longer. A demo set will be loaned if possible but is not guaranteed. We will endeavour to improve our response time as we grow with regard to our warranty procedure to ensure it will be as quick and painless as possible.
The cost of exchange is free of charge for any approved manufacturing fault claims. Labour to rebuild a faulty wheel is free. The customer making the claim must pay for the return of the product to Curve's warehouse (back to base). Freight will be free for the product's return to the customer. Spokes that need replacing will be charged accordingly (dependent on the wheel model).
Crash replacement will be charged at 50% off our RRP stated on our website. Rebuild labour will be free of charge. Spokes will be charged accordingly.
In the event of damage caused by a crash, a customer may make a crash-replacement claim. This replacement will be charged at 50% off our RRP stated on our website. Rebuild labour will be free of charge. Spokes will be charged accordingly.
A 1-year manufacturer's warranty will apply to any items that fall under these labels.
- Ex-Demo products assume the item has been used. Any Ex-Demo products will be serviced and inspected prior to sale to ensure it is safe and sound for its new owner.
- Sample items are items that we have either newly sourced, have had specially manufactured for Curve, have been built to test a new configuration of rim/spoke/hub etc., have been treated with new finishes or the like. Most samples will be used, however there are times that certain samples will be sold having not been previously used. They will still retain a 1-year warranty.
- Clearance items may be any combination or variation of the above and will be heavily reduced in price to its new owner. These products will have a 1-year warranty.
Curve rim-brake rims that have been owned for 24 months or more will not be considered eligible for warranty.
Any evidence that suggests the product has been used outside of normal use and/or has damage commonly caused by rider error will void any warranty claim. This covers up to and including any crashing of the bicycle (both self and situation inflicted), use of incompatible brake pads, riding with incorrect tyre pressure (pressures outside of the recommended range), rider exceeding the recommended rider weight for the specific wheelset.
The brake track on our carbon road wheels is very durable and long lasting. Ensuring on-going maintenance and basic cleaning habits are employed, you should expect to get 5-7 years of safe use from your new Curve wheels based on approximately 8000km/5000mi-10,000km/6250mi per year (an average "enthusiast's" 150km/93mi-200km/125mi per week).
But just like any wheels, regardless of the material they are made from, they will wear out with regular use and wheels that have had a riding life up to and in excess of 40000kms should be ridden carefully. (i.e. Don't plan a riding trip to Europe for 4 weeks of Pyrenees on worn carbon rims.)
Wear will be accelerated when ridden in the following conditions:
- Wet weather, especially when road grit, dirt and sand finds its way between the brake track and the brake pad. This creates an abrasive contact between the two surfaces and speeds up wear.
- Riding your brakes. When descending, lightly and periodically dabbing your brakes leading up to and into corners is much easier on your equipment as it keeps operating temperatures down and improves speed and control. Apply your brakes lightly enough so that as you enter a corner your intended line is not affected and your rhythm is not thrown. Remain in the drops of your bars with your weight low and slightly shifted back over the rear wheel and apply front and rear brakes fairly evenly.
- Tyre pressures. Operating pressure recommendations are very important when setting up your wheels before riding. The friction from brake pads against the rim braking surface creates heat, which causes the air inside the tyre to expand, potentially increasing the air pressure beyond the recommended safe limit. Please do not exceed 120psi, or less if specified by the manufacturer.